A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous. Coco Chanel
I agree with Coco Chanel and could write volumes about being classy and fabulous from varying viewpoints to include self-confidence.
I like to feel put together regardless of whether I am at a country club or Walmart. I don’t wear clothes that are ill-fitting, shoes that are scuffed or nail polish that is chipped. Yet, I am a busy person so I have routines and products that help me look my best. Here are some of my favorite products.
- Perfect Fig lipstick by Lancôme. This has been my “go to”lipstick for years as it works with any outfit or colors.
- Baby oil mixed with bath gel…keeps my skin soft without having to apply oil or lotion afterwards. I use a ratio of 1:4 oil to bath gel. This allows for viscosity and keeps the shower floor from getting too slippery! I am always careful with oil in the bathroom.
- G.M. Collin spray mist for when my face feels dry. I spritz it over makeup during the day as needed. I use Kiehl’s In-Flight Refreshing Facial Mist 2.5 oz for air travel.
- Shellac nail polish in Rubble. It is a greyish, brown color with a lavender undertone. Sounds weird but it goes with everything. I receive lots of compliments on this color. My shellac manicure lasts from 2-3 weeks. Shellac looks natural and is easy to repair between appointments by having a bottle of regular color in the same or very close shade.
- No.27 Rue de Marli hand cream which smells divine and is so hydrating. I apply a light coat to my hands just before I go to bed.
- Cellophane wrapped toothpicks because spinach in my teeth is neither classy nor fabulous!
- L’Occitane en Provence skincare is gentle and effective.
- Aquage silkening oil foam tames my curly hair leaving it shiny and soft. I spritz water on my hair during the day to revive the curl if needed.
- I plan to try the Nars Base Makeup Two Base Updates written about in the Lipsticks and Biscuits blog http://www.lipsticksandbiscuits.wordpress.com . Check this blog out for lots of fun, useful posts. I appreciate consumer reviews as they save me time and money.
- Finally, my best beauty tools are drinking lots of water, a good night’s sleep, a healthy diet, sunscreen and a big smile (seriously!).
If you have a favorite beauty product, please share below. Thanks!